Feet, pathds and where they lead

Donna Dixon DIXONDELTAaAOL.COM
Mon Feb 5 17:28:38 PST 2001

1:  Feet... Sandals that are good, are heaven.  I have two pair for hiking;
Nike Air Max Tailwind, which have wonderful treads and cushioning, and REI
Arroyo, which have the tremendous arch and heel support So I can air my feet
yet do many miles.
          Shoes... The most important thing is the fit of the foot bed.  I
went to REI and they insisted on a supplemental bed for the trek, changed my
conceptions of my size, and sent me out with a pait of (low ankle) shoes that
can take the pounding I anticipate on the Camino.
          Socks:  Liners,and thin Coolmax, are a necessity if you cant carry
lots of pairs; they was and dry fast.  Even in the summer, liners are good to
change two (or three) times a day to avoid blisters.  Outer socks.  I like
thermo wol hikers, or any wool, coolmax, spandex type material.  There is a
pair with teflon that are supposed to reduce blisters, and I like those.
     When spending money, and weight, first spend on your feet.

THEN:... spend on your sleep... one third of your pilgrimage after all.
Cushioning under, thermal over, and watch out for cooties!

Clothes, paper stuff, all those other things you thought were
important...aren't.
Think about this; if you walk well, sleep well, what else really matters, the
less you carry, the more you are on the camino.
Donna the D