New Subscriber with questions

Leonie Galil LgalilaAOL.COM
Sun Feb 4 16:16:36 PST 2001

Dear Jessica and MayAnn May,
May I say something about all those blisters I keep reading in all the
accounts. I do quite a lot of hiking and have found that most people do not
know how to buy the right kind and size of hiking shoes and also do not know
that one should wear liner socks under the thick hiking socks, reason being
that the socks rub against each other rather than against the skin. Liner
socks are a pair of thinner socks, one can also find these in outfitting
shops like Sierra Trading Post, Campmor and lots of others.
As for the shoes, while trying them on, one should run/walk down an incline
or some stairs and if the toes then touch the front of the shoes in the
slightest way, then the shoe is too small. I hope it will help a few people.
Leonie