The Way in April

Norman Bone bone1966aYAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 29 10:32:19 PST 2001

Joe and Leonard:
Where are you beginning your Camino? If you are starting from Le Puy or
another point that is 500Km or more from the Spain/France border, April
or May would be a really nice choice of start date. The wildflowers are
incredible and the Gites are less crowded. All of the new births on the
farms are out and about. More than likely you will still encounter wet
conditions (mud and rain) but that is just part of the pilgrimage. You
should reach Santiago well before the crowds associated with St James
Day.

Norman Bone
Portland, OR
www.bonehaus.com

leonard wrote:
You said in your post that you are going to the Camino in April, Just a
question, Why have you picked the Month of April to walk the Camino?
I'm
planning to start the Camino in the first part of June. This is when I
feel the weather will be more favorable so I won't have to pack extra
clothing. (weight is a concern) I'm trying to keep my pack under 10
kgs..
Just trying to understand the Way.

Joe wrote:
Joe, El Peregrino Futuro. (I leave for the Camino in April.)