Is the Listserver Public Domain?

Ida & John icoteperssonaBAK.RR.COM
Mon Dec 10 07:01:11 PST 2001

Greetings,

I was just wondering if the messages posted to the
listserver are public domain. Can I use comments
from the discussion on my webpage without the
authors permission? Can I include the name of the
author?

I know all the comments are captured in the archives
and are searchable on the web for posterity, but I'm not
sure if I can legally use them for public display.

I would assume this is legal, but I just wanted to
check first what the group thought of this issue.

The subject of the listserver being what it is, I will also
ask whether it is ethical to do so.

Let there be peace on earth!
(and let it start with me)

John Persson