request for openness

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat Dec 8 13:31:25 PST 2001

Hi Elyn dear,
How are you? did you get my postcard from "La Serenissima"?  I've much to tell about it and San Rocco, but have been as busy as I always am when taking more time off from work and things than I should.
For one, I am very, very much interested in our perception of ancient times and our connection therewith.  The tree, after all, does not survive without its roots, and our roots, in my view, lie in the spirit and actions of those who came before us.
What I would not have given to be present when  Eunate was built!! or San Juan de la Pena!!! How I would love to know and understand what motivated those who preserved the Camino for us and left ever-touching indicia of their pilgrimage, such as the lovely cruzeiros everywhere....and the churches.....and so many monuments.......If only walls and stones could talk!!
But if all that we can know about those times is approximate dates and numbers at least such information is a kind of nearness, albeit tentalizing and insufficient, but enthralling just the same. Please do continue to provide it.
...Isn't the "stick sand stones" a Shakesperean quote?
If so, from what play?
Affectionate regards and Good will to all in these special days.
Rosina