cheap pensions-triacastela

Barry Evans barryevans9aYAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 7 16:24:29 PST 2001

my memory is that you have 3 choices in triacastela, the official (white and
green) one on the east end of town; the alternative one (in the middle of town
and 20 yards to the right, rather expensive); and the bar right in the middle
of town on the left, 4 or 5 rooms upstairs. We stayed in the latter (arrived
cold and wet from El C, pouring rain, ready for a private room), and loved it.
It wasn't expensive (maybe 3000 pesetas for the two of us), very clean, hot
showers, just what we needed. And they kindly turned the TV down when we asked
(we had the room right above the bar.)
barryevans

--- Gabrielle Milanich <EshlingaAOL.COM> wrote:
> Barry and Marianne,
>
> I stayed in Pensione Arrieta in Pamplona as the refugio was closed when I
> arrived.  It was very nice, clean and pleasant.  Carmen was also very sweet!
> I paid 5000 pesetas (good for Pamplona).  The bath was not attached, but very
> clean, comfortable and large.  I stayed there two nights in order to rest and
> walked away feeling well cared-for.  The address is Arrieta, 27.  It's
> directly off a square, very close to Hemingway's cafe and central to the old
> town and new.  When I left in the morning it was very easy and short walk to
> find the camino once again.
>
> I also stayed in the alternative refugio in Triacastela and was disappointed.
>  It was expensive, very noisey and felt very cold and damp.  There were four
> to six bunks per room.  The room Gene stayed in sounds much better!
>
> Buen Camino!
> Gabrielle

=====
Barry Evans    (707) 476 8317
217 Second Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Our camino photos: http://us.geocities.com/barryevans9/camino

"The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat
in a dark room, especially if there is no cat."
                                                     Confucius