request for openness

Barry Evans barryevans9aYAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 7 14:42:14 PST 2001

Howard, (or anyone) if you've got a complaint for me, kindly air it in on the
forum, not privately, so others can help us through our disagreement.
Thank you,
barryevans

Received privately:
"You may find it a goldmine, but I find it tedious and boring to have to go
through my emails to read this kind of academic trivia.  True, I recognize
the merits of scholarship on the subject but I really think that you should
correspond privately on this subject as I am doing with you now.

I get the distinct feeling that you and the others continuing this discussion
are "showing off" how brilliant your research is and you are trying to
"one-up" each other by proving how clever and resourceful you can be in
digging up archeological gems of history.  Spare me from this by keeping my
email reading to a minimum.  And don't tell me to use my delete button, which
I find offensive, since I do not want to inadvertently delete a message that
may have some meaningful content.  Howard Mendes NYC"

=====
Barry Evans    (707) 476 8317
217 Second Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Our camino photos: http://us.geocities.com/barryevans9/camino

"The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat
in a dark room, especially if there is no cat."
                                                     Confucius