Walking in Faith and Faith Alone

Howard Murphy HmcellardykeaAOL.COM
Wed Dec 5 19:02:55 PST 2001

I> At 19 years old, by next summer i shall be walking the road to Santiago, in
>  > good faith and regardless of the number of my fellow pilgrims who have
>  > walked it or what saint walked it.
>  > To me, at least, faith goes beyond numbers and names, its in the heart
and
>  > one beleives what one beleives and if i beleive in my heart and soul that
>  > St. Framcis walked it then no one will make me think otherwise.
>  > Perry Shirley
Dear Perry,
Many members hold an interest in The Camino and have walked it many times,
others like myself have recently returned and there are new friends like
yourself who are counting the hours to when you leave on your pilgrimage.

On a list you will always find subjects that have no interest to you or of
any immediate practical use. Sifting out what will be of help will provide a
very large amount of useful data for your pilgrimage. My suggestion would be
to build a database of your own reflecting all the interesting facts and
information both practical, historical and theoretical. You may collect
information on routes, Refugios, Albergue, places to eat, sleep, interesting
local people and characters.
Such a database with be of great value when you make your pilgrimage, for
giving talks on your return, writing your journal and who knows perhaps you
may write the best practical guidebook on the pilgrimage to Santiago.

Members of the list come from many different backgrounds, different
countries, ages
the basis of many fine intellectual arguments and discussions. The majority
of times discussions flow along with members airing their views quite
peacefully and others that get quite heated. At times a very fine balance
provides the thrust and parry of ideas, opinions and a gold-mine of
information. You are of the age to collect and study all the information from
the list and many of the other Santiago web-sites on the Internet.
Always keep an open mind, have compassion towards others, look for ways to
share, to help, to entertain along the Camino and in life general.
Can you cook, provide First Aid, play an instrument?
Learn the languages of the Camino that provide easier communication and
social activities.

<<<then no one will make me think otherwise.>>>
Always keep an open mind, believe what you believe but recognise the right of
others to think and believe in their own way.
Your faith will be enriched and your understanding of life and living will be
greater.
When you make your pilgrimage may your feet have wings, may your eyes be open
and your heart full of joy, love and compassion.
Every Blessing,
Howard

Howard Murphy
81 George Street