Michener

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Sun Dec 2 19:52:39 PST 2001

If my memory serves me correctly, Michener did not claim to have done
any research on the numbers, he was just quoted some one who gave him
the half million figure. I don't have a copy of Iberia on hand to check
on that. On the other hand, I also remember seeing a drawing from the
middle ages of a huge long line of pilgrims snaking across the square
waiting to get into the cathedral.  I was not only impressed by the
large number, but also the fact that it was a very orderly queue, not
the pushing mob scene that often occurs in current times - I don't mean
on the camino particularly, but in general.

Robert