Pamplona to St. Jean

Carolyn Wiggins MimicaraAOL.COM
Tue Aug 28 08:51:24 PDT 2001

My advice, to start your trip off really well, is to go to the taxi stand in
the square in Pamplona and ask for a taxi driver named Pedro.  He is known
all over as a friend of the pilgrims.  He will drive you to St. Jean at your
convenience and take you to the pilgrim's office to get your credential
stamped or to the refugio as you request.  It is reported that he gives
discounts to pilgrims, but I don't remember how much it cost us.

Sorry, I can't answer the remainder of your questions b/c we just had the
drive into St. Jean, got out of the taxi and got our credentials stamped and
started walking.  Nine and one-half hours later, we were in Roncellvalles.
Fabulous day!  But, yes, you should be able to start walking on Monday
morning from your flight over on Saturday.  Best wishes.