New to the list/intro

Anthony & Barbara jacobeoaSYMPATICO.CA
Fri Aug 17 10:45:06 PDT 2001

  I would second this list.  I had a Bridger pack as well and loved it.  My husband who is 6'2" had a Dana Bomb Pack and it worked for him.  For the lady who asked me what I took - sorry delete and receive are beside each other on the e-mail and I got a little overheated when I got so much e-mail yesterday - my first day on the list   There  is your answer 12-15 pounds
  My list is very similar

  2 pairs convertible pants
  2 Moving Comfort sports bras (so comfortable! - dried fast)
  3 sets of ladies bikinis
  2 pairs sock liners  - most people want socks as well
  fleece jacket.  - zip off sleeves
  1 long sleeve quick dry shirt that converted to a short sleeve.  Beige1 wrap, sarong style skirt for wearing at end of walking day
  1short sleeved shirt hideous blue and it was quite stiff in spite of frequent washing by the time I got to Santiago
  1  night shirt  flannel and happy - the pink pigs did the trick

  1 light weight, very small sleep sac
  1 rain poncho that fit over my pack
  1 pair Teva sandals
  Tilley hat  - good idea because the brims are wired so they don't flop
  1 bandana that I wrapped around my throat to protect me from the sun
  Raybans

  Hiking boots
  Walking stick
  2 1-litre bottles  Small amount of shampoo (bought more as I needed it) used it for everything
  1 opinel knife - opens anything and folds up/ very tiny can opener for asparagus cans/spoonfor yoghurt and cup for wine when it was offered.
  Small tube of toothpaste (same as above)
  Deoderant (bought more as needed)
  45 SPF sunscreen
  nail file/ nail scissors and small clippers - in a ziploc bag
  moleskin
  a few bandaids and some elastoplast and a tensor  - in a ziploc bag
  Zinc ointment or tea tree oil or Elizabeth Arden stinky  8-hour cream
  Ibuprofin/antihistamine and tylenol - small bottles
  Brush small plastic for hair and smaller for boots

  Travel size toothbrush
  Bum bag with room for water bottles and camera and back pocket for  passport,
  credit cards, money,
  Raju's guide + photocopies of maps and directions - two sided.  Threw out as used
  .
  1 pen (bought another on the way)
  Camera with 20 rolls of film (still had to buy more.  This was heavy but
  worth it.  I kept the camera in bum bag

  Food stored in the outer pockets.

  I also brought a small pillow - it rolled up very small.  The idea of putting clothes into the bag for your sleeping bag is very good.  Mine however get quite ripe as I go along, so I will stick to my pillow.

  jersey dress - small volume rolled up and nice change- cooler than pants at night.

  That about does it.