New to the list/intro

E. O. Pederson eldorpaHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 17 08:24:49 PDT 2001

August 17

CLOTHING:
3 sets underpants (wear 1)
2 fast-dry T-shirts (wear 1)
1 long sleeve T-shirt
1 long-john bottoms
2 quick-dry long sleeve shirts (wear 1)
2 quick-dry long pants (1 pair convertable to shorts) with belt
[1 pair shorts]
3 sets walking socks (Smartwool) + liners
1 pair cotton socks (wear on plane)
polartec pullover (wear on plane)
poncho
extra pair shoes
walking shoes (wear)
extra shoelaces
hat
pair light weight gloves
jacket for cooler weather (Not necessary in summer.  In 1998 I purchased a
jacket in Leon realizing that it was too cool in the mornings without one)
DOP KIT:
shaving foam
razors, disposable (4)
toothbrush
toothpaste
dental floss
deo
shampoo
soap
towel, quick dry
washcloth, quick dry
hairbrush
comb
nail clippers
lip balm
sunscreen
aspirin or similar (I carried a non-steriodal prescription medicine trade
name Relafen)
vitamin tablets
benedryl
bandages
antibiotic for travellers diarrhea and for infections
hydrocortisone or similar for itching
blister patches
epi pen (I have several serious allergies, notably to latex and to melons)

SLEEPING ITEMS
Sleepsac
air pad [unnecessary, I carried it the whole way in 1998 and never used it.
All the refugios have mattresses.  Will not carry one in 2001 if I am able
to walk the camino.]
blanket
[pillow roll (my sleeping bag comes in a cover, and each night I stuff it
with clothing to use as a pillow roll)]

MISC.
camera
10+ rolls film (film is fairly expensive and I take a great many photos)
extra camera battery
GPS receiver
2 pens
glasses
tiny notebook
large notebook for day log
plastic bags, about a half-dozen self-sealing in various sizes
passport
tickets:
air ticket
train ticket
credencial
book (a long one.  Last time I carried a Dickens novel, and it lasted me to
Leon)
CSJ guide
Maps
fanny pack (I use it as a belly pack for my camera, and mine is convertable
to a light daypack for use when sightseeing)
water bottle
Spanish dictionary
Schweizerische Waffenmesser (Swiss Army knife)

I am still debating a few of the items as noted by square brackets [] above.

E. O. Pederson
Seattle, WA