Post Camino stuff

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Tue Aug 7 22:14:23 PDT 2001

Good to hear from you again Gabrielle!

>  What a diffference
>between walking 5 km an hour to plummeting towards the planet at... How fast
>WERE you going?!

My body, all by itself, was going about 120 miles per hour (200 km/hr). Let's see... at that rate I
could have completed the whole Camino in about 4 hours! :-)

> I'm going again in September 2002 and this time bringing my husband.  I
>can't believe how quickly the time ahs passed since I even began planning the
>first journey.  I hope the second goes just as quickly.  Have you decided
>when you'll be going next year?

My plans now are for May again because of the almost perfect weather I experienced this May. If not
May, then it will probably be sometime in Setember too as I don't relish the thoughts of walking in
the heat of mid summer.

I really enjoyed your other post here too. I can't seem to get enough of hearing about others'
experiences while on the Camino. Also, like you, I have just recently heard back from a couple of
good friends that I made on the Camino. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel, and it also
lets me "relive" the experiences all over again!

Let me relive one other experience here. It was during the 2nd days walk. I was walking by myself
and remember brushing against a bush which gave me the feeling of being scratched. I didn't think
anything of it and just continued walking. A few minutes later two guys, who I feel were from South
America, stopped me and indicated that I was hurt in some way. They didn't speak any English but it
was easy enough to understand that they wanted to know if it was okay if they could help me. They
showed me the back of my arm which was, to my surprise, bleeding quite nicely. Then they pulled out
cotton swabs and alcohol and helped me clean it up. Then they asked if it would be okay to put some
sun screen on the back of my neck, which was getting pretty sunburned and I hadn't even noticed. It
was things like this that reminded me of just how GREAT people really are!!

Take care,
Russ