Email on the Camino

John Wordsman jwords62aHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 24 05:54:11 PDT 2001

Lucinda, in April/May of 2000 I used internet cafes and Office shops in all
those towns except Logrono. I could not seem to get anyone to understand
what I was looking for. I also found a cafe in Astorga. I found the coin
machines and track balls a hassle in some of the cafés but in Puenta la
Reina The hotel sold us access for 5pt. They were very nice about it and
asked what we usually payed. The systems there are effected by cloud cover
and it can take some time to get a msg. out if the weather is bad. It's
sometimes better to wait till the clouds clear. I spent quite some time
finding these places but I got around the towns and cities with a purpose
other than tourism. The search was very enjoyable. If you come upon a
library and you are there at the right time you can get access. I also made
all my phone calls from coin operated phones. They are very inexpensive to
the U.S..
L&Pjjjj