hotels in santiago

Lucinda Anskin lanskinaCHARTER.NET
Mon Apr 23 06:45:24 PDT 2001

Michael,

Consider the LOS REYES CATÓLICOS, the Parador in Santiago.   It's about $150/night American, but it's like staying inside a piece of Spanish history.  The Spanish government took over failing? historical sites throughout Spain, and turned them into impressive hotels.  They are incredibly affordable compared to US prices (especially if you ever paid $375 dollars for a small room in NYC).  There are also some along the Camino Francais in Santo Domingo de Calzada, León, and Villa Franca del Bierzo.  (León was also pretty spectacular!)  After all those refugios you've stayed in, the Parador in Santiago will seem like a piece of heaven, and your wife will love you for it.

Lucinda

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Hanley
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 9:41 PM
Subject: hotels in santiago

I will be leaving Monday for my camino and I plan to stay in refugios along
the way. However, when my wife comes at the end of the trip and we stay in
Santiago we want to be in a good hotel which is not too expensive. I would
welcome additional suggestions form anyone about what specific hotels they
would recomend.