Weight of your pack

Karen Swanson MCCAVITaAOL.COM
Tue Apr 17 11:28:03 PDT 2001

Greetings!  I have just signed on and am leaving May 2 to hike Roncesvalles
to Santiago with my husband.  We are 2 Americans ages 47 and 58 who just
thru-hiked the 2167 mile Appachian Trail .  Only 10% who start finish because
I believe they all carry too much weight --Lisa- GO  LIGHT!!! 25 pounds is
much too much-I only carried 15, mu husband 20 on the AT with tent, food,
etc....  I have just weighed my camino pack-7 pounds without any books, food
or water.  Definitely staying under 10 pounds.  One key item is a pack-if you
can afford a new one Dana design speed weights 1lb 12 ounces plus 4 oz for a
waterproof O.R.hydroseal bag.  There are others.  Take a hard look at every
item!! Email me directly if you want specific advise.  Patagonia makes
excellent lightweight clothing. Save your joints & be happy!
Question:  Anyone know the details on the bus from Pamplona to
Roncesvalles?????   Thanks!    Karen Swanson