Medieval Scholars, help

Kathy Gower kathygaCIIS.EDU
Wed Apr 11 13:47:36 PDT 2001

Linda, Mary Jane, Alan, Preston and the rst of you, you know who you are...

I'm tying to translate (for my own studies) a book on the Camino that is written in german, "Sternenwge".  It is absolutely fascinating and mentions a Peter or Petrus (or Pedro) who was Bishop of Compostela in the 11th or 12th century.  He wrote a very special book, which translated from German is "Consolation of Reason".  There is but one original copy, now located in Rome.

I'm wondering is you have ever heard of this "Peter", one of three, and if you have any ideas on the succession of bishops or prelates to the cathedral at Compostela in the 10th-12th ceturies.

This is a serious inquiry.

Thanking you in advance,
Kathy