non-Catholics and communion on the Camino

Michael Wyatt MWyatt01aEMAIL.MSN.COM
Wed Apr 4 08:40:53 PDT 2001

Hello Mandy!

Please tell us a little more about how that was organized.  Is "20 of my
school" a group of teenagers? adults? And where did you come from?

It would be helpful to me, at least; I've wondered about going with a group
next.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu]On
Behalf Of Mandy Edvalson
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 7:53 AM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Re: non-Catholics and communion on the Camino

I just went on the Camino with a group of 20 from my school from mid-March
until the end of March. Few out of the group were Catholic, and the rest
were from a mixture of backgrounds. We went during our Finals Week/Spring
Break, so because of the limited amount of time, after travel time to get
there was taken out, we only walked 5 days. When we did go to church no one
seemed to care what religion the group was. Being a Catholic myself, I never
care if someone who isn't Catholic is coming to mass, especially when they
are reverent, as it sounds you will be if you are contemplating nature and
the Camino. Enjoy your Camino...if you like nature, you are going to love
it! (Also we used the passports provided by Friends and we didn't have any
problems...we didn't need any extra letters...the passport worked on its
own).

Mandy Edvalson