beliefs on the Camino

Maryjane Dunn mjdunnaTXUCOM.NET
Wed Apr 4 07:28:54 PDT 2001

Fascinating discussion guys. As one of the Camino "old-timers" (as Elyn has
so cleverly called us) I remember being frowned upon when entering some
churches because of our dress (shorts and halter tops! on women oh my!), but
not because of our faith, or lack of it. Times have certainly changed, and
in this instance I think for the better. (By the way, we carried jackets and
skirts we could pull on so that we could go in without offending anyone.)

Maryjane

> Then you believe in God! "Nature" is but a small part of God, as
> are we. God is, in my humble
> opinion, is everything that is, ever was, ever will be, and also
> everything that isn't. The "isn't"
> part allows for the possibility that in the future, when things
> may exist that don't exist now, they
> are *still* a part of God. In other words, nothing can ever exist
> that isn't a *part* of God. Call
> God whatever you wish. Nature, The Creative Forces, the Big Bang,
> the I Am That I Am, or whatever.
> If you believe that you exist, then by default, God exists!

And here's yet another way to look at it <grin> (Have a happy day!)

A scientist went before God and said, "look, we don't need you anymore. We
can do anything you can do." God said, "but I gave you light." "Oh, we can
make electricity now." said the scientist. "But what about separating the
waters from the air/land?" "Oh, we can do that too." said the scientist.
"Well, how about creating life itself?" asked God. "We can do that too."
said the scientist. "Show me." said God. So the scientist reached over for a
handful of dirt. "huh-un. Not with my dirt you don't!" said God.