non-Catholics and communion on the Camino

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Wed Apr 4 00:04:54 PDT 2001

Bill,

What follows is my opinion only:

>I am at best an agnostic and possibly an atheist who believes that there is
>probably some overall god, but my religion is "Nature".

Then you believe in God! "Nature" is but a small part of God, as are we. God is, in my humble
opinion, is everthing that is, ever was, ever will be, and also everything that isn't. The "isn't"
part allows for the possibility that in the future, when things may exist that don't exist now, they
are *still* a part of God. In other words, nothing can ever exist that isn't a *part* of God. Call
God whatever you wish. Nature, The Creative Forces, the Big Bang, the I Am That I Am, or whatever.
If you believe that you exist, then by default, God exists!

>I'll add another dimension to the discussion by asking how do Catholics and
>the Catholic Church view people like me sitting quietly in the back seats at
>mass and just thinking about the Camino and Nature?  I would have liked to
>have attended more services but didn't feel that it was appropriate.

 From what I have heard, you (and everyone) will be more than welcome at any Mass on the Camino.

I hope none of this has offended anyone because that isn't my intention. But as my pilgrimage is
only about a month away, I'm just feeling thrilled about life all over again!

Russ