Sudarium

MJ anderson mjcandersonaWORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Nov 28 19:12:20 PST 2000

Judy Wallop wrote:

> Preston: Thank you for the Shroud site, it is wonderful and
> interesting.  I
> found the site listed below through the Shroud site and it says that
> the
> Sudarium is venerated on Good Friday and "eight jubilee of the Holy
> Cross".
> Holy Cross is September 14 but I am unclear about when
> "eight jubilee" occurs.  Can someone help me?  Thanks.  Judy

Judy, the jubilee is for eight days following, meaning until the 21st. I
am a journalist  and this summer I traveled to Spain to do research on
the Sudarium-- I had the privilege of interviewing the Mark
Guscin,author of the Oviedo Cloth (the book on the Sudarium). I have
also made the Pilgrimage.  What is particularly intriguing for the
Camino buffs is a an old rhyme which mentioned pilgrims to Santiago who
bypassed Oviedo, scolding them for tromping to see the servant of God,
while not detouring to venerate the Holy Face of God Himself.

For any of the list who may be interested in an article on the Sudarium,
please see:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20001004_xex_scientists_r.shtml

MJ Anderson