September-October journey?

Austin Repath pilgrimaYESIC.COM
Sat Dec 30 18:32:47 PST 2000

Dear MaryAnn,
My husband and I walked the camino this year in September and October.
It is an ideal time to walk.  We had very hot temperatures at the
beginning - over 30 degrees C or 90 degrees F.  This lasted for a couple
of weeks.  We had only about 5 days of rain for our entire 44 day walk,
but I think that might have been unusual.  We took little rain gear and
bought what we needed.  This worked very well, as our packs stayed very
light.  The walk into the moutains from Rabbanal Del Camino was really,
really cold and we needed long underwear for that, which we had
purchased in Leon.  It was also very cold from Vega de Valcarce to O
Cebreiro.  The last part of the trip was almost balmy with temperatures
about 26 - 28 degrees C.  Would be happy to share any other information
with you.  It is a wonderful adventure!
Marilyn