New listserver member

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Thu Dec 28 21:51:19 PST 2000

>The first time was from Leon, and I suffered considerably from lack of physical
>preparation, even though I thought I was reasonably fit.

While I won't be walking it yet for several months I have to agree
with what you said there. Twenty years ago I spent two weeks living in
a tent on the west coast of Tasmania as part of a research expedition.
In preparation for it I walked 5 miles a day, every day, for 3 months
beforehand. Once I got there I was soooo glad that I had done that
because it made the trip much more enjoyable than it might have been,
and I was much younger then too! :-)

So, what I'm doing now is to walk, walk, walk, and then walk some more
before I leave for Spain in May.

Russ Irwin