[Cfp-interest 2988] WG14 meeting day 2

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 23 22:43:44 PST 2024

TS 18661-4 and TS 18661-5 both were accepted as is and will go to ISO for publication (with the provision that Josephs editorial comments regarding the IEC 60559 standard reference be corrected).

Details:

TS 18661-4 had a lot of discussion on the struct names (especially the _t part) as well as explicitly concretely declaring the structures instead of leaving it open for implementors to add other members or change the order if they wanted. This resulted in 3 No votes for accepting part 4.
The POSIX feedback for the _t was brought up again as well and since I had not heard back from Nick, I did say we had not gotten any answer from them.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative (Canada, USA), INCITS/C Chair
C/C++ Compiler Development
rbhakta at us.ibm.com<mailto:rbhakta at us.ibm.com>

IBM