[Cfp-interest 2985] WG14 meeting day 1

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 22 09:25:26 PST 2024

Summary of day 1:

Both our suggested ballot resolution comments (033, 046) were accepted as presented.
For comment 069, part of the proposed change (the other parts seem good to me so I am not posting them here) to section 6.4.4.2 Note 1 is:
Conversions yielding exact results require no rounding -> Conversions yielding exact results are not affected by the order of negating and rounding.
The wording change seems fine to me, but I did want to pass it along to CFP in case others find issues with the change. For reference, the comment stated “you cannot have requirements/require” in notes and is from ISO.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative (Canada, USA), INCITS/C Chair
C/C++ Compiler Development
rbhakta at us.ibm.com<mailto:rbhakta at us.ibm.com>

IBM