[Cfp-interest 2926] Re: updates for TS-4r and TS-5r, post WG14 meeting

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Thu Oct 19 19:48:42 PDT 2023

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023, Jim Thomas wrote:

> https://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/cfp4r-20231019.pdf

I need to check exactly. but:

Line 30 of Page 6 in TS-4r in Section 6.4 says

 	The reduc_sumprod functions compute the dot product of the
 	sequences of elements of the arrays p and q:

I am not sure that those words are concise enough. One member of WG14
raised a question about this, although I am not sure his/her definition
was concise either.

Maybe:

 	The reduc_sumprod functions computes the dot product of the arrays
 	p and q, i.e. the sum of the scalrs roducts of each corresponding
 	pair of elements of each of the arrays (or sequences) p and q.

I am not totally happy with my words, not least because it is nearly
double the number of original words.

Maybe I will sleep on it.

- Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer