[Cfp-interest 2920] additional suggested editorial changes to N3163 and N3164

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 19:14:20 PDT 2023

If there are no objections I’ll apply the editorial changes below. The suggested changes are in response to email comments I received today.

- Jim Thomas

In N3163 (TS-4) …

Page 2, line 6
Change “The specification in C23 Clause 4 allows” to “C23 Clause 4 allows”.
This change is applicable to TS-5 too. See below.

The following two changes are for consistency in specification. They are editorial in the sense that Annex F covers the case for signaling NaN inputs.

Page 4, line 28
Change "if any member of array p is a quiet NaN” to "if any member of array p is a NaN”.

Page 5, line 26
Change "if any member of array p is a quiet NaN” to "if any member of array p is a NaN”.

In N3164 (TS-5) …

Page 1, line 9
Change “and not supported” to “but not supported”.

Page 1, line 17
Change “(7)” to “(Clause 7)”.

Page 1, line 19
Change “(8)” to “(Clause 8)”.

Page 1, line 21
Change “(9)” to “(Clause 9)”.

Page 1, line 23
Change “(10)” to “(Clause 10)”.

Page 2, line 9
Change “The specification in C23 Clause 4 allows” to “C23 Clause 4 allows”.

Page 3, lines 32-36, and
Page 4, lines 23-27
Change:

0
decimal-constant
- decimal-constant

or

DEFAULT

to:

0
decimal-constant
- decimal-constant
DEFAULT

Page 4, line 4
Change “width may be” to “The width parameter may be"