[Cfp-interest 2919] JTC1/SC22/WG14 meeting day 1 summary

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 16 10:21:44 PDT 2023

Hello,

Here is a summary of the first day of the WG14 meeting. I also am forwarding some more editorial comments brought forward by another WG14 member

Action items (for CFP):
  For TS-18661 part 5, for FP_{FLT,DEC}_EVAL_METHOD "Use of unsupported values of width" UB, make it diagnosed rather than UB. Ex. As a constraint violation (needs a new constraints section).
  For TS-18661 part 4, the library features should be split into different headers, remove WANT macros (users can use __has_include and #include), and to review the names (Ex. add reduc_ and scaled_ to the reserved prefixes list).
  Look into timing of these changes to both parts see if they can be made before the ISO deadline.

Decisions:
  WG14 agrees to bring TS 18661-5 v2 to ballot including editorial revisions documented as of 2023/10/16.

Upcoming:
  TS 18661-4 v2 ballot question will be answered tomorrow depending on the results of the timing of the ISO deadlines.
  We will probably need to have a 2 week WG14 review period for any significant changes to any of the parts before it can go forward for ballot.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta