[Cfp-interest 2917] suggested editorial changes to N3163 and N3164

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 15 20:11:11 PDT 2023

In N3163 (TS-4) …

Page vi, line 9
Change “floating-point arithmetic, equivalent to” to “floating-point arithmetic, which is equivalent to”.

Page vi, line 14
Change “unbounded tower of wider formats” to “unbounded sequence of wider formats”.

Page vi, line 41
Change “in recognition of the fact that” to “recognizing that”.

Clause 6
The draft currently refers to "member(s)” of the array.  C23 has 10 instances of “elements of the array” and 6 instances of “members of an array”. IEC 60559 uses “element”. All instances of “member” in Clause 6 refer to member/element of an array.
Replace all instances of “member” with “element”.

Page 15, line 36
Change “in 7” to “in Clause 7”.

Page 17
Update the Bibliography to include all appropriate references.

In N3164 (TS-5) …

The changes above for TS-4 pages vi and 17 also apply to TS-5.

Page vi, line 9
Change “floating-point arithmetic, equivalent to” to “floating-point arithmetic, which is equivalent to”.

Page vi, line 14
Change “unbounded tower of wider formats” to “unbounded sequence of wider formats”.

Page vi, line 41
Change “in recognition of the fact that” to “recognizing that”.

Page 23
Update the Bibliography to include all appropriate references.