[Cfp-interest 2941] additional changes for TS-4r and TS-5r

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 11:39:34 PDT 2023

If there are no objections I’ll make the following changes.

TS-4r:

1. Correct several misuses of “clause” vs “subclause”.

2. In response to Joseph Myers’s comment #4 in SC22WG14.23916, we addressed the issues in TS-4r Clause 6. However, the issue in his comment 4 a) applies to Clause 7 too. Following the wording in corrected Clause 6, in Clause 7 change:

For each of the following synopses, an implementation shall declare the functions suffixed with fN or fNx only if it defines __STDC_WANT_IEC_60559_TYPES_EXT__ and supports the corresponding binary floating type.

to:

For each of the following synopses, an implementation shall declare the functions suffixed with fN or fNx only if it supports the corresponding binary floating type and the macro __STDC_WANT_IEC_60559_TYPES_EXT__ is defined at the point in the code where <math.h> is first included.

3. Correct the numbering of the Bibliography entries.

TS-5r:

4. Correct two misuses of “clause” vs “subclause”.

5. Correct the numbering of the Bibliography entries.