[Cfp-interest 2765] Re: CFP review of NB comments on CD2 - 20230602

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Mon Jun 5 07:05:25 PDT 2023

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 11:58:44 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Each thread has its own floating-point environment. The floating-point
>> environment has thread storage duration. The floating-point environment
>> for a thread is initialized from the parent thread's floating-point
>> environment when the thread is created which is by a function call.
>>

> I am thinking about the values of variables in shared memory between the
> threads. I assume that if exceptions are delayed, then the value from
> those exceptions are also delayed (so storage is not updated, so other
> threads get the wrong value).
>
> That only matters if threads can sync without a function call.

To answer my email correctly, you have both (quite correctly) used lots of
words to explain the scenario.

My question was, and I did explain myself well enough, was probably

 	Is the simple CD2 change suggested for the C23 document of

 		between function calls -> between sequence points

 	adequate for US-200?

Is the term "sequence points" adequate or precise enough to cover all that
is needed to be explained here.  Maybe discuss this on Wednesday.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer