[Cfp-interest 2764] Re: CFP review of NB comments on CD2 - 20230602

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Sun Jun 4 12:46:10 PDT 2023

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 11:58:44 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:

>Each thread has its own floating-point environment. The floating-point environment has thread storage duration. The floating-point environment for a thread is initialized from the parent thread's floating-point environment when the thread is created which is by a function call.

I am thinking about the values of variables in shared memory between the threads.
I assume that if exceptions are delayed, then the value from those exceptions are
also delayed (so storage is not updated, so other threads get the wrong value).

That only matters if threads can sync without a function call.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of INCITS/C (ANSI "C")
Sample C17+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.