[Cfp-interest 2557] Re: Rounding direction macros

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 29 14:46:46 PDT 2022

Good catch, Fred.

In C18 the last sentence in the 7.6 paragraph specifying the rounding direction macros has "The defined macros expand to integer constant expressions whose values are distinct nonnegative values.” This sentence was lost. In the C23 CD the rounding direction macros for decimal, which were inserted immediately after the ones for standard floating types, has "The macros expand to integer constant expressions whose values are distinct nonnegative values.” A copy of this sentence should be appended to the preceding paragraph (to replace the lost sentence).

- Jim Thomas