[Cfp-interest 1899] Re: WG14 IEEE 754-C binding meeting minutes 2021/01/13

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 13 12:55:05 PST 2021

With regards to the action item below:

Rajan: Test the change in CFP 1891 with IBM's implementation.

The results are a zero quantum exponent so the change is compatible with
what is done in practice. A couple points however: We do not yet have a
compoundn or pown implementation provided with our offering so I could not
check those. Also, hypot gives an INFINTY result (as expected) so the
addition of that case in CFP 1891 seems to be in error (or I misunderstood
what was said).

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative (Canada, USA), PL22.11 Chair
C/C++ Compiler Development
rbhakta at us.ibm.com

IBM