[Cfp-interest 1887] Re: Negative

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Sun Jan 10 15:52:38 PST 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 14:51:30 -0800 Jim Thomas wrote:

>What is a "negative signed value"? I believe it's intended to mean a signed value with a negative sign, though it might be interpreted as a signed value that its negative. Using an adverb might help: negatively signed value.

OK

>What should happen with NaNs? I don't believe C says that NaN values are signed, or unsigned.

Perhaps adding something like:
  NaNs with the sign bit set include a minus sign.
to footnotes 300 and 356.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.