[Cfp-interest 1846] Re: fmax, fmin

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 19 18:13:14 PST 2020

> On Nov 3, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Fred J. Tydeman <tydeman at tybor.com> wrote:
>
> I am not sure what I should be doing here about this item.

Is this for the action item:

    Fred: Write a paper to remove the fminfN/fmaxfN/fmindN/... functions from part 3 as an annex.

The action item seems fairly specific, and only pertains to the part 3 annex. Your last change below is about the action item.

I thought we had decided not to remove or obsolesce the fmax and fmin functions in the C23 draft (not including the part 3 annex).

We should replace use of fmax in G.5.1#8. Did you check that fmaximum is a good replacement, i.e., that fmaximum_num isn’t needed? It would be good to look for any other needed cleanup from adding the new max-min functions.

- Jim Thomas