[Cfp-interest 1551] WG14 meeting summary of items of interest to CFP

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 6 09:22:03 PDT 2020

Hello,

The WG14 telecon meeting went well. Here are the papers of interest to our
group and the results (I am listing Fred's non-CFP paper at the end).

6.17 Thomas, C2X proposal - NaN and infinity macros [N 2469]
  Joseph: Should keep it, should be expand to arithmetic constant
expressions.
  Fred: A NaN doesn't qualify as a constant expression from the current
definition.
    Joseph: Incidentally, INFINITY only needs magic because of the
FENV_ROUND pragma; without that pragma, you can just write a constant with
a sufficiently large exponent (that doesn't violate constraints when
infinities are supported, see the DR#025 response).

  Poll: Should N2469 be put into C2X?
  Final Vote: 0/8/7. No consensus.

6.21 Thomas, C2X proposal - why no wide string strfrom functions - updates
n2475 [N 2490]
  Poll: Does WG14 want N2490 to go into C2X?
  Vote: 13/0/1. Consensus.

8.1 Thomas, C2X proposal - Names and locations [N 2476]
  Change 1: Does the committee want this?
    Vote: 14/0/1. Consensus.
  Change 2: Does the committee want this?
    Vote: 9/1/7
    Not clear consensus, but passes.

Non-CFP but of possible interest to us:

6.2 Tydeman, printf of NaN() [N 2446]
  Straw poll: Should N2446 go into C2X?
  Vote: 14/0/1. Consensus.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada, PL22.11 Chair (USA)
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at us.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Houston/IBM