[Cfp-interest 1323] CFP Compendium Draft & status

Blaine Garst blaine at mac.com
Tue May 21 15:02:19 PDT 2019

WG14 committee and interested parties,
  Jim Thomas & the CFP working group, as of this morning, have formally agreed to take on new publications of the compendium reports, and will likely use them, as we have decided for C, as “Clarification Requests” with no prejudice against Suggested Technical Corrigenda of course, and will probably shift to a Word based format instead of the lossy-HTML that I have been providing.
  David Keaton hopes that we will be adopting a “C” document numbering system instead of our “N” style by next meeting, so the following draft CFP Compendium, once reviewed, and published as an Nxxx document, will likely be the last of its kind :-)

  All we did in London was say, everything in Review is approved for eventual C2x incorporation, at the guidance of CFP with respect to the C2x editors.

  Everything in Review was for parts 1-3, so all of it is applicable for C2x.  CFP will consider re-issuing those parts of -4 and -5 post C2x publication, and is already tracking minor extensions to IEEE 754 (if I got that correct).  I will attend the next CFP meeting as best I can to discuss CFP and WG14 process for those CFP members that were unable to attend today.

  Here is the latest and likely last draft CFP compendium: