[Cfp-interest] Summary of C FP issues so far

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 17 17:47:55 PDT 2018

Hi Jim, others,

Answers below tagged with <Rajan/>.

Also new updates from today:
6.16 pow divide-by-zero case [N 2271]
  Looks good to put in. It will be added to the minutes as an item that
will go into C2X.
6.17 Min-max functions [N 2273]
  FP study group to split this into two separate proposals. One for parts
1 and 2 changes based on the TS’s, and the other for part 3 that fits the
conditionally normative part 3 annex.
6.18 Augmented arithmetic functions [N 2274]
  Not accepted. They said we could bring this forward again as part of a
future revision of the TS at a later date (i.e. After the IEEE spec is
published and the C2X integration of parts 1 and 2 are in).
  Nothing to do at this time in WG14, but the floating point group may
want to bring this forward again for a future revision of the TS.
6.19 C support for IEEE 754-201x [N 2275]
  David: Good job on getting ahead of the IEEE spec and minimizing the
changes needed.
  Priorities should be do parts 4 and 5 updates to IEEE and then rebase on
C2X and then bring it forward for a new published revision.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada, PL22.11 Chair (USA)
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at us.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Houston/IBM