[Cfp-interest] WG14 meeting summary regarding the floating point DR's and C2X proposals

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 24 06:18:48 PDT 2016

Hello,

In the ISO/SC22/WG14 meeting this week, we went over the floating point
DR's that are already open, the new Draft DR's we proposed, as well as the
two proposals for new inclusions into C2x (TS 18661 parts 1 and 2).
Here are the results of the meeting:

Floating Point Draft DR's:
    DDR1: DR500 (C11)
    DDR2: DR501 (C11)
    DDR3: DR5 (CFP)
    DDR4: DR6 (CFP)
    DDR5: DR7 (CFP)
    DDR6: DR8 (CFP)
    DDR7: DR9 (CFP)
    DDR8: DR10 (CFP)
    DDR9: DR11 (CFP)
  Legend:
    DDR = Draft DR (from paper N2077, which we submitted to WG14).
    C11 = Defect report against C11. A new defect report was opened with
the given number. Ex. DR500 = New defect report against C11 numbered 500.
    CFP = Defect report against TS 18661 (all parts). A new defect report
was opened with the given number. Ex. DR6 = New defect report against TS
18661 numbered 6.

Floating point defect review:
      DR1: Move to review.
      DR2: Move to review.
      DR3: Move to review.
      DR4: Move to review.
      DR5: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
      DR6: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
      DR7: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
      DR8: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
      DR9: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
      DR10: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
      DR11: New. Take Suggested TC as Proposed TC.
  Legend: TC = Technical Corrigendum

C2X proposals:
  C2x proposal — TS 18661-1 [N 2078
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n2078.pdf]
    Adding to SD3 with a note that the committee clearly expects this to
go into C2X.

  C2x proposal — TS 18661-2 [N 2079
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n2079.pdf]
    Adding to SD3 with a note that the committee clearly expects this to
go into C2X.

For the proposals, the committee was strongly in favor of putting both
parts 1 and 2 into C2X.
For the DR's, only DR501 had issues and is still being discussed in the
WG14 email reflector. The other defects seem to be good with regards to
our proposed fixes.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at us.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Houston/IBM