[Cfp-interest] WG14 Meeting summary regarding IEEE 754-C binding discussion 2014/04/07

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 7 23:17:35 PDT 2014

Here is the summary from day 1 of the WG14 meeting.

Part 3: No comments. Committee agrees it is ready for ballot (consensus in
the group was no need for a 90 day review period).
Part 4: Committee discussion: The new tanpi, asinpi, acospi should not be
a part of the spec and if IEEE does not specify it then we should not
either.
spec
      Don't add the functions if not required by IEEE
    Missing functions straw poll: Should we keep the new functions added
(tanpi, asinpi, acospi).
      For/Against/Abstain: 11/4/0 - Keep the functions as is.
    Result: 90 day review from the committee. If very few comments then we
bring it forward for PDTS.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at us.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Houston/IBM