[Cfp-interest] Part 1-3 drafts posted: Part 1

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 20 20:19:24 PDT 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 8:01 PM, "Fred J. Tydeman" <tydeman at tybor.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:09:42 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:
>>

>>> PDF page 26, lines 26-28: Do we want SNANF32, SNANF64, SNANF80 (or
>>> SNANF64X), SNANF128?
>>
>> No. For example, SNANF and Part 3's SNANF32 have different types.
>
> Part 3, PDF page 8, last paragraph mentions redundant ways to
> refer to the same format.  So, I am somewhat confused.

"This specification incudes interchange and extended nomenclatures for types that, in some cases, already have C nomenclatures" needs to be changed. The different nomenclature are for different types, even if the formats are the same.

> Part 3, PDF page 10, ISSUE 2 mentions that Part 1 5.1 should be
> split to match Part 3.  Seems like now would be a good time to
> do that.

Right, except we can't change the document because it's in WG 14 review.

-Jim