[Cfp-interest] DFP: fenv: status flags

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Tue Jan 22 23:03:15 PST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:29:37 -0800 Jim Thomas wrote:

>I'll leave the currently posted documents (with the change
>bars), on the wiki, in case some of you want to look at
>them some more.

PDF page 19, lines 8-10 has:
Add the following after 7.6 paragraph 6:
[6a] Decimal floating-point arithmetic and IEC 60559 binary
floating-point arithmetic (Annex F) access the same
floating-point exception status flags.

It seems to me that 'access' is the wrong word.
Arithmetic only sets (never clears) the FP exception status
flags.  So, perhaps 'alter' might be better.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 287-5904      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.