[Cfp-interest] N1676 comments spreadsheet updates

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Fri Apr 12 12:26:27 PDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:30:42 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:

>F.3 specifies that issignaling (and all the other
>classification macros), raise no floating-point exception
>if the argument is a variable, or any other expression
>whose value is represented in the format of the its
>semantic type, even if the value is a signaling NaN.

I think that still has a problem.  An expression
evaluated in its semantic type could raise any FP
exception during argument evaluation:
  isnan( 1.L * SNANL );
  isnan( 0.L / 0.L );
  isinf( 1.L / 0.L );
  isinf( LDBL_MAX * LDBL_MAX );
  iszero( LDBL_MIN * LDBL_MIN );
  isnormal( 1.L / 3.L );

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 287-5904      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.