[Cfp-interest] String conversion functions

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at ca.ibm.com
Fri Mar 16 08:54:15 PDT 2012

Sorry I had to leave a bit early yesterday, but here is what I was
thinking of with regards to the format specifiers (making it easier for
freestanding implementers to support our TS):

Replace

NOTE    If the conversion specifier (in the string pointed to by format)
for x is not applicable to type double or long double, the behavior of
strfromd or strfromld, respectively, is undefined.

with

NOTE  The format string must support specifying the precision, the
floating point conversion specifiers (a, A, e, E, f, F, g, G), and the
length modifier (L). An implementation may add any other format string
support. If any other format string not explicitly supported by the
implementation is present, the behaviour is undefined.

Recommended practice: The equivalent of hosted support for conversion
specifiers for snprintf should be allowed.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at ca.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Toronto/IBM
Telephone: (905) 413-3995