[Cfp-interest] D/d double type floating point suffix

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at ca.ibm.com
Thu Jul 26 04:35:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

I talked to Edison regarding the d/D suffix for the double generic type
and he said it went into the Decimal TR by mistake/oversight as a blind
acceptance of Fred's WG14 comment 10904 (the suffix is point 6) without
review. He did say he didn't intend for it to happen after seeing it.
In essence he said we (IBM) screwed up and would want to rectify the issue
by removing the suffix and wants to have this as a defect report. So I
would like to keep my comments in the TS part 2 regarding removing the d/D
suffix.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at ca.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Toronto/IBM
Telephone: (905) 413-3995