[Cfp-interest] DFP: Conversions among FP types

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Tue Dec 4 15:58:52 PST 2012

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:53:21 -0800 Jim Thomas wrote:

>Fred, thanks for the explanation. Here's a minor modification of what you
>suggested:
>
>Replace 6.3.1.5#1 with:

Words removed look OK.

>We might also need a statement somewhere that conformance to Annex F means
>conversions from decimal floating types to generic floating types are
>correctly rounded. Do we already have words that imply this?

I do not see them, but agree that we need them.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 287-5904      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.