[Cfp-interest] updated Part 2 draft posted

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 15:38:03 PDT 2012

On Aug 14, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:42:55 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:
>>
>> I posted an updated Part 2 draft with line numbers.
>
> Some comments on that version:
>
> PDF page 9, last line (footnote 2) has first line repeated on both
> pages 9 and 10.  Plus, the reference is on page 10 in the table.

Ugh. This problem doesn't show up in the .docx file. Will investigate.

> PDF page 12, last line.  What is "correctly rounded"?  Translation
> time vs runtime.  Static vs dynamic.  Ties away from zero?

This is defined and used several times in C11. It applies to translation time and runtime and to whatever rounding mode pertains to the operation.

> PDF page 15. Remove the lines in red at line 2 and 40-41.

The red text will go in our document (as black text) after we submit a base document for the committee. Yes, I need to remember to take it out before submitting the base document.

> PDF page 16, Add at the front of line 3: As specified in 6.5#8a (see
> section 6),

Why is this needed again?

> PDF page 35, line 31:  Remove the ISSUE line.

I assume that's because you have it in your document now. Right?

-Jim