[pct-l 16] WA — Road 23 to White Pass in Section H

Susan Virnig susan at newstories.org
Sat Aug 8 17:34:12 PDT 2020

Dear All,

Since I can’t go down to CA to finish my 750 miles left on the PCT — 1900
done! — and since my daughter was going to backpack with me, we’re thinking
instead about doing part of Section H in WA.

The PCTA recommends someplace you can drive to without needing to stop, and
carrying all needed supplies for the entirety of your hike.  From Spokane,
we can easier drive to this section of the PCT — Road 23 north to White
Pass thru Mt. Adams & Goat Rocks Wildernesses.

I’m a section hiker and hiked WA 40 years ago.  Anyone have more current
information on this stretch?  I’ll be calling the ranger stations next
week, but wanted to see what you all might be able to tell me.

—Sunshine, aka Susan from Spokane