down with numeric-interest; up with numeric

David G Hough at validgh validghavalidgh.com
Tue Jan 2 10:48:52 PST 2001

I have changed the name of the numeric-interestavalidgh.com mailing
list to numericavalidgh.com in tribute to the efficiency of the
world's spammers' email address harvesters that have duly noted the
widely published numeric-interest address and inundate it daily.
You don't see that because only members may post, but I get to see it.

It should be possible to post (or not post) as you are used to doing,
except to numericavalidgh.com instead of numeric-interestavalidgh.com,
except that I also took the opportunity to upgrade my mailing list
software to the current version of majordomo... and that may introduce
some complications.

When the spam submissions outnumber the legitimate it says something perhaps
about the vitality of a mailing list, but it will continue to be
available as a channel for persons with questions or announcements
related to its purposes as mentioned in the list information document:

Greetings!  Welcome to the validgh numeric mailing list
(formerly numeric-interest).

This list is for discussion of computer arithmetic, elementary transcendental
functions, and scientific computation correctness and performance.

Keep the following information handy for future reference:

TO POST TO THE LIST:    numericavalidgh.com
TO GET ON  THE LIST:    numeric-requestavalidgh.com "subscribe"
TO GET OFF THE LIST:    numeric-requestavalidgh.com "unsubscribe"

"subscribe" or "unsubscribe" must be in the BODY of the message,
NOT in the Subject: or any other header line.
Do not specify your address explicitly in the "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" line;just say "subscribe" or "unsubscribe".

This list is sporadically active but never high volume.   After subscribing,
you may not get any postings for a month or more.   You may also wish
to join the reliable_computingainterval.usl.edu list
and read the USENET newsgroup comp.arch.arithmetic.

David Hough